Sunday, August 25, 2013

VMWorld Day .5

As it turns out, I wasn't able to sleep at all last night.  (I think that was a song)  I was completely awake at 3 AM in anticipation of heading to to San Francisco for the coveted #VMworld.  Unfortunately after a several hour delay and a quick layover in San Diego, I finally made it.  I certainly would like to thank my taxi driver for taking me one step closer to warp speed than I've ever been.  I'm hoping to save a bit of money on my return trip and either spit a cab or take the BART.  I heard the Bay Bridge is going to be closed so according to my driver, that puts huge pressure on the "other bridge" that is already packed all day long.  Looks like riding the train would be the best option.


As most know who are already here registration closed at 7 pm, so I had to make it quick from SFO to Marcone West.  The BART ride is 38 mins and since I got to the airport ground transportation at 630, I wasn't going to make it.  Not to mention the fact that I'd have to wait for the next BART train which would have put me way past 7 PM at my hotel which means I'd be waiting to get my bag and badge in the morning.  I had also read in previous years that this is a bad idea as the majority of folks get in after 7 PM on Sunday night with more arriving in the early AM.  


The bag came with the usual swag of high rollers to get you to their booths first thing in the morning.  I always say I'm not going to succumb to their trickery, but I fall for it every time and visit the big company booths. I do find that the bag has plenty of room and several hidden, but forgettable pockets.  What year is it again?
  


I'm not sure, but I think the bottle looks like a huge flask.  Not that I'm complaining as I do like the design and the rugged feel of it.  The bottle this year doesn't feel flimsy in the slightest and that I could probably drop it a few times at the very least without much worry of damage or denting.  (I'll report and post if I'm around when one drops)

Since I was late today, I didn't get the chance to get into the Moscone center to see everything going on there.  I suspect I'll be up early in the morning so that I have plenty of time to eat and survey the different areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment