Friday, August 30, 2013

VMWorld Day Three

Today is all about connecting with others.  Sure, I've been talking with people between sessions and when we've been eating, I'd chat with a few folks.  But today I really wanted to strive to meet as many vendors as possible and reach out to folks that I hadn't talked to for a time.

Since there was no general session today, I met up and had an extended breakfast with a former boss and colleague of mine.  We spent nearly 90 minuets catching up on his new team, the ins and outs of working for a different company and of course where I see myself in a few months.  While I certainly won't go into the details here, it was awesome to relive some of our funnier moments over the years since he joined my current employer close to 9 years or so.  Afterward I headed into the hands on labs (HOL) to see the new setup this year since I know one of the principal architects of this completely revamped lab area.  Not only could you take a traditional lab with a two monitor provided PC, but you could also bring your own device or BYOD.  This is actually pretty huge in the tech industry.  Less upkeep for a company means more money in the bank.


 After my lab ended I made my way back to the vendor exchange to really dive into products and people.

Simpana/Commvault juggling act




































 As  you can see, tons of pictures, tons of people and tons of products.  They all pack up at the end of day 3, which was 5 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment