Monday, June 10, 2013

Starting off with a bang! or "!"

I'm determined to get in shape.  I'm tired of my pants no longer fitting.  This is my second week on Weight Watchers and I blew it this week.  The first week I was all about losing weight.  But this week, after being sick, I made one excuse after another.  So this weekend I decided to stinking make a decision after my wife signed us up for the PF Chang's half marathon coming in January.  I'll be following Hal Higdon's half marathon training program.

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51130/Half-Marathon-Training-Guide

I will be participating in the Novice 1 area.

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51131/Half-Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program

I have run in a few 5Ks, but I'm out of shape again and have probably ran a total of 20 miles or so in the last 12 months.  However, today is the first day of that change.  I'll need to modify this program a bit because I need my rest day to be on Sunday not and will start this strict training next week.  For this week, I'll be running 2 miles everyday and that started today.


I am my worst enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment