Friday, January 10, 2014

Job searching

It's been quite some time (see previous post) since I was actively searching for a job.  OK, there were a few times when I was ready for something different but those were few and very far between as I really enjoyed working for my previous boss and the strong team we had.  Just like those days, I'm at a new challenge of finding a new place of employment.

While I have found plenty of  "jobs", I'm not sure I want to jump backward into desktop support.  Two reasons.
1. It's been well over a decade since I answered phones in that manner.
2. That's not part of my career path.

I suppose I could add a #3 about how much a desktop support technician doesn't get paid, but I know too many technicians who would be less than happy about that point.

In any event, I'm finding out that my skill set isn't always what others want.  Interestingly enough, most job postings that I'm finding has one or more "needs" that don't quite much what I know.  In other words, I fall short in a few areas.  These areas would take some time to learn and without equipment, I may learn but probably not at the level they are asking to have.

Strangely enough as I read what I just wrote above, it comes across as whining or hopeless and that annoys me.  However, I am looking forward to what tomorrow brings because this first week has not been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment