Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It's not getting easier

I mistakenly thought that my phone would be flying off the hook.
 
But it has not.  I've had a few bites for sure and I'm super grateful for those phone calls.  Suffice it to say, that perfect job hasn't happened yet. I did have a phone interview last week and while it was both interesting and fascinating to have the conversation, I'm not the best candidate at all.  At least the guy was nice enough to continue the conversation until the end of an hour.  He certainly had tons of great questions, but he and I both realized that the position required more of an architect. (OK, he already knew it, but apparently I didn't get it the memo from the job description)   The last time I was laid off from a job, I took some training during the "severance" months.  Increasing my skills is a must for sure!  I know I need to be combing through company websites and job websites to find a job along with continuing to engage on the social networking level.  However, I believe my focus needs to change. 


Tomorrow will be a different day and I'm looking forward to my list of accomplishments and achievements. Oh...and I have another phone interview which I am most certainly looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment